Thursday, June 28, 2012

CON Dreams....eeeeek!!

So I'm starting to have some anxiety about getting these costumes done in time for CON. Last night I had a dream that I was sewing in the hotel room minutes before the masquerade trying to get them finished.

I could barely work on the costumes last night because of how sweltering hot it was. All I was able to do was sew the elastic into the sleeves.

It's really down to detail work on my outfit:

- installing zipper
- sewing on buttons
- attaching fringe
- attaching trim on peplum
- sewing the lining to the bodice

The harder thing though is that it appears that the middle peach layer and the top white layer on my skirt are WAY to tight when it gets put over the petticoat and hoopskirt, so now i have to take them off add extension panels and sew them back on to the skirt. I also have concerns about the peplum, it doesn't look like it's laying right/that it will be long enough ...i may have to go back to joanns (ugh!) and buy more white satin and sparkle organza.

There's a little more on Jason's costume but not much:

- I have to sew the other shoulder pad in
- trim up some lining pieces and stitch them together
- attach the lining to the outer jacket fabric
- sew buttons on
- sew flat hooks on
- trim lapels
- sew buttons on vest
- sew on flat hooks
- stitch up opening in lining
- make tie

I'm really going to try and take advantage of the last all day sewing event at natasha's tomorrow ...and hopefully my fears about all this will be put aside.

No comments: