Saturday, June 23, 2012

Amost done!

Last night was really productive, got my bodice lining fitted (it was huge!) ...still thinking i might cut new pieces if i don't like the way this one turns out. Got my overskirt fitted and taken in at the waist. I serged all the seams as well. So now I just have to serge the hem, add my waistband and sew the ruffles on and it's done!

Still have to sew the buttons on Jason's vest and get his belt loops figured out. Sized the jacket and got the shoulder pads pinned on. Now i just have to size the same lining pieces and sew the lining together and then join the 2 pieces and the jacket is done.

I also bought barrettes so i can have something to sew the hairbow to for easy wearing.

In other costume news I bought more yellow spandex yesterday to fix my dark phoenix costume. I'm going to cover my shoes in it so they match this year ...you can't tell as much in my crappy camera phone pics, but the few professional pics it looks pretty bad. I did buy enough so I'd have extra to try and make gloves if i want.

No comments: