Friday, May 11, 2012

It Starts ...CONvergence stuff

So I've started buying supplies for my Kaylee costume and for Jason's Mal costume for CONvergence. Still can't believe this is going to happen ..it's going to be awesome!! and huge did I mention it's huge! I've purchased just shy of 30 yards of fabric already and that's just for the skirt, on the fence about the pink color I purchased but I think it will end up working out in the end. I found a website that was having a pretty decent sale on hoopskirts so I purchased one and it should be arriving in a few days. I'll post pics when it arrives.

Going to have a sewing marathon with Natasha on Sunday, my overly ambitious goal is to get a good portion of the skirt done ...I still don't know if I want to serge the edges of the organza or attempt a rolled hem on them.

I've found some decent patterns for pretty much everything I need except Mal's jacket. I think it'll end up being the most difficult thing to find/make. All of my research has pointed to that it was based off a "gone with the wind" 3/4 length coat, sometimes called a frock-coat or prince edward style jacket.

I've never had to alter a pattern before but I have a feeling that's what's going to happen. May just have to by some el cheapo fabric to do some mock ups with.

Not much else going on, work is picking up now that summer is almost here. Been riding the bike more often since it's been so nice out. I rode the bike to work once already ...I'm hoping to do that more often.

No comments: