Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Fluffies!! =)

So the costume construction is going well in the last two days I have cut out all of my ruffles (petticoat & skirt), serged all but 3 out of 18 of them and cut out the petticoat skirt.

Today picked up 4 more yards of muslin to finish the skirt base and all of Jason's fabrics for less than $50 ...yay for coupons!!

As of right now I've purchased roughly 30-35 yards of fabric for the skirt alone ...it's gonna be huge ...and AWESOME!! =D The skirt has offered up some challenges already but thankfully some happy accidents have come of it. The pink organza that I purchased for the bottom layer of the skirt ruffles ended up being to washed out when placed over the white muslin. So I thought that maybe doubling up the layers might work so I serged two layers together and it turned into this awesome bubble hem that gives the skirt even more poofy-ness *squeee!* I know it's not exactly the way the original dress is constructed but I feel that this gives my dress a slight uniqueness.

Materials Purchased so far:

Kaylee
5 yards pink organza - (skirt)
4 yards peach organza - (skirt)
3 yards white organza - (skirt)
25 yards bleached muslin - (skirt)

Mal
1 yard gold silk - (vest)
1 yard orange silk - (vest)
3 ¼ yards black twill - (jacket)
3 yards black lining - (jacket)
1 ½ yards ivory lining - (vest)

I'll try to take and post some construction pictures ...I'm pretty bad with that though =P

The next big sewing party is tentatively scheduled for Friday afternoon / evening

No comments: