Friday, January 14, 2011

Things & Stuff

So I've been on a Harry Potter kick recently and I've been stockpiling fabrics to make some HP cloaks for friends/family. I made Shanon a Sytherin cloak today. Pic to come later, haven't taken one of it yet.

They don't take to terribly long ...I'd say from start to finish they take about maybe 4 hours. This one turned out so much better than mine, I used a way lighter fabric this time around (cause the pattern calls for almost 10 yards of fabric) and as much as I love my Ravenclaw one I think I'm going to sell it on Ebay or Etsy and make a new one cause I kid you not it prolly weights like 5 pounds. Plus the first one involved quite a bit of trial and error and I never quite liked how I had attached the hood.

This time around I figured out how to get all the seams hidden and machine stich the whole thing! Yayz!! =D *happy dance*

In other news I started up with Weight Watchers again cause I've gained 10 pounds from when I quit them almost 2 years ago ...and it really did seem to help, I lost like 20 some pounds while I was doing it. So I'm hoping that this can help me get into better shape and just be healthier in general. And it seems that they've changed how the points operate since the last time I was a memember. You get more daily points and weekly points but food items seem to carry a bigger point value this time around. So we'll see I bought a 3 month membership.

8 Bit Dr Horrible blanket is coming along, I've finally moved on to the last color of the granny squares ...only 78 more to go!! woo!

No comments: